We are hiring on the investment team at Allocate!
Allocate — Research and Diligence
We are hiring!
As a refresher, we founded Allocate with the simple mission of making investing in top-tier private alternatives within the innovation sector (technology and life sciences) accessible for a broader set of investors.
We believe that the mark of healthy and efficient markets requires the financial inclusion of all qualified market participants.
However, despite significant demand, investing in private technology-focused alternatives is more complex than ever as discovery, investment diligence and selection, access, and deal execution all serve as substantial roadblocks.
With Allocate, investors can find, invest (through Allocate SPV feeders), and track highly vetted opportunities through a turnkey digital platform.
Exceptional research and diligence is the bedrock of our company as it’s essential that we consistently bring the most highly diligenced and differentiated products to investors. Additionally, we strive to offer the type of education and thought leadership that allow for responsible and informed investing (private investing in technology is idiosyncratic and should be done very carefully with facts!).
To help us grow (we’ve completed 12 investments through our closed beta), we are expanding our research and diligence team. We prefer candidates in the Bay Area; however, we are open to candidates located anywhere in the United States.
We are well funded by a fantastic set of investors and are excited to forge the next era of private market investing. We have over 900 existing manager relationships, these roles provide anyone a great opportunity to work with and learn from the best investors in the world!
Join us to help democratize access to private technology!
Managing Director — Investments and Research
Job Responsibilities (not to be limited to the following):
- Independently lead quantitative and qualitative diligence on funds and co-investment direct deals.
- Sourcing and vetting of new opportunities for the platform.
- Conduct ongoing active portfolio management, including frequent and direct interaction with fund investment managers.
- Building strong and meaningful relationships with fund managers that are on the Allocate platform.
- Present and vote on investment recommendations at Allocate Investment Committee.
- Independently attend fund manager and Allocate investor meetings.
- Actively lead efforts of content creation and presentation of industry/trend reports and white papers.
- Conduct continuous reviews of investment processes, portfolio management practices, decision modeling to enable consistent improvement and scale.
- Developing and ensuring that investment policies, practices, and processes are consistent with regulatory and financial mandates.
- Manage and actively develop junior diligence staff members.
- 7–10+ years of experience working within venture capital, with a strong analytical background. (We are open to the candidate’s past work history to the extent it demonstrates a highly developed skillset related to investment underwriting and management).
- Deep understanding of private and public capital markets and strong domain expertise within venture capital and private equity.
- Robust analytical skills across quantitative and qualitative metrics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate highly effectively with internal and external constituents of all seniority levels.
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to lead and manage complex initiatives, tasks, and teams.
- Undergraduate degree (no, we don’t care what college you went to)
Associate/Director — Research and Diligence
Job responsibilities (not to be limited to the following):
- Lead quantitative and qualitative fund diligence on venture capital funds and co-investment direct deals.
- Write and present fund investment memos.
- Prepare materials for both external and internal meetings.
- Attend fund manager and Allocate investor meetings independently or alongside other team members.
- Assist in creating quantitative data framework through the collection, data input, management, creating and updating of data models.
- Create and present research industry reports and white papers.
- Draw insights from data to help shape best of breed diligence on funds for Allocate platform.
- Actively work on tactical and strategic initiatives for the business, including Investor Relations and fundraising efforts.
- 3–5+ years of experience in venture capital or private equity, including work at fund-of-funds, family offices, financial services company, direct fund, consultant, or other relevant experiences that involve private market analysis.
- Undergraduate degree (no, we don’t care what college you went to).
- Strong project management skills .
- Very detailed oriented
- High degree of understanding of current venture capital and private equity landscape.
- Analytical (ability to go deep beyond the “numbers”)
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills.
- Intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and proactive state of mind.
Our values and culture that our candidates must have:
- Commitment to extraordinary client service. Without compromise, we are dedicated toward offering white glove service to our partners, clients, and each other.
- Humility: We have done nothing tomorrow, and as such our successes or failures are all learning opportunities to improve.
- Insatiable intellectual curiosity: Every day is an opportunity to improve our knowledge and skills.
- Comfort with discomfort: We continually push ourselves to grow by taking on new challenges, however difficult they may be.
- Hustle: We are passionate about our drive to create financial inclusion within the private technology markets. This isn’t easy to accomplish and it requires a true start-up mentality day in and day out.
- Integrity and Trust: The foundation of our business is trust and integrity, and everything we do must align with always making decisions based on doing the right thing for all of our partners with the long term in mind.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest, and:
- In the title, include the position you are applying for.
- A brief description of why you would be a good candidate.
- Attach current resume or similar CV.